Snowy Scrap can be seen as a spiritual successor to Rock 'n' Roll. All 3 teams start out in different portions of the giant arena behind their own snowball. Each team has to push their snowball to gather the snow (which looks like hexagons on the ground) to make their snowball larger. Each hex of snow is worth 1%.
The snowballs must be rolled down the team-coloured ramps until they meet in the main arena, at which point the teams can begin to sabotage each other. The main arena features a lot more snow, and also features a number of boxing gloves which can be used to rapidly propel the ball across the arena.
As they grow, the snowballs become heavier and have more inertia (requiring more effort to be set in motion as well as to be stopped). Once a team surpasses the 75% score mark, their snowball drastically changes in appearance, being covered in ice cream toppings, indicating that the team who owns it is close to completing the game.
The first two teams to reach 100% qualify for the next round. In extremely rare cases, if the last two teams reach 100% at the same time, no one is eliminated.
Note: If two teams have not accrued the 100% required after 3 minutes have passed in the round, the game will call the round and eliminate the team with the lowest percentage.
Overtime: The details of this mechanic are yet to be determined, but is suspected to be similar to Rock 'n' Roll.
Starting from the 2 February 2021 Season 3 mid-season update, the following variants may appear:
- Some Punching Gloves may appear under the snow in the center-raised platform.
- Some Punching Gloves can appear on the coloured sides around the center-raised platform.
- The Punching Gloves on the walls can be separated.
- There may be a rotating platform with no snow in the center of the arena.
As of 13 May 2021, the following variants may occur:
- The snow tiles at the center of the arena may be golden instead and are worth three points instead.
Focus on getting the snowballs to the main arena as fast as possible; do not worry too much about getting the snow hexes on the way there. The key to quickly racking up snow is to get the punching gloves to punch the balls, injecting a sudden burst of speed into the ball and travelling across the center of the arena to nab a bunch of snow.
It is surprisingly easy for even a single saboteur to ruin your progress, so take note and try to grab them to stop them.
A few strategies for dealing with saboteurs consist of: pushing your ball a different way, diving directly into the ball to give it an extra push, directing your ball to the boxing gloves around the edges of the arena so that they get away from the saboteurs, avoid as best as possible to have your ball trapped against a corner.
Conversely, you can be a saboteur yourself and try to trap the enemy team's ball against a corner or block their ball with your own. Should you do this, go for the team that's in last, or (if you're in last) for the second best team so it'll be easier to close the score gap.
Keep your ping to the server as low as possible by playing on servers closer to your region: the higher the ping, the heavier the ball will feel. Help to push the ball if your ping is low; attempt to sabotage the opponent teams if your ping is higher.
Above all else, when you're trying to push your own snowball - DO NOT GRAB. You'll more than likely end up grabbing a teammate instead. Just walk up against the ball and your fall guy's pose will change to a pushing pose when near enough.
- Interestingly, the better play here might be to avoid the punching gloves in these variants, due to the lack of snow on the middle spinning platform.
- Instead of regularly repushing your ball back to the gloves, ideally you want to stay in the centre as long as possible to mop up as much of the gold snow.
- Gold - First team to grow their snowball
- Silver - Second team to grow their snowball
- No medal - Eliminated
Medals were previously not awarded correctly; the second-placed team would more often than not get the gold medal instead. This was fixed as of Season 3's mid season update.
- A developer has confirmed that in the Winter Knockout playlist, it is not required to have an even team count to play this round, in order to see this round in the playlist. This may lead to uneven rounds with approximately 4v4v5 players, as this round tends to be the fourth round of the playlist, with approximately 13 players.
|Beta||Not present||Not present|
|1||Not present||Not present|
|2||Not present||Not present|
|3||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|4||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|5||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|6||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|6.3||Active||Removed from Main Show as of 10 May 2022. Still available in Squads Show and Squads Trios.|