- 1 Description
- 2 Strategy
- 3 Survival Variant
- 4 Medal thresholds
- 5 Known Bugs
- 6 History
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
Roll Off is a final round variant of Roll Out. Compared to the latter, there are only two rotating rings, featuring the same types of obstacles - walls, doughnut bumpers, and holes. As the round progresses, the rings spin faster and faster, and the slime rises.
There are two observed variants for each ring, one variant has slightly larger gaps. These variations can be distinguished by their outer colour. Each ring has either their standard color (orange or purple) or a gold colour.
To reflect its status as a Final round, these obstacles have golden detailing (and the ground has crown symbols), similar to Jump Showdown.
Because the rings can spin really fast and the slime rises really high (though it stops at a point), reaching the 5 minutes needed to timeout this round is very unlikely, yet still possible (though likely only possible on one specific variant). However, it is possible in rare cases for everyone to lose, if the remaining players are deemed to have fallen into the slime at the same time (as the game does not break ties).
From the Season 3 Mid Season update:
- The rings will no longer spin as fast as they used to ramp up to.
- To compensate, the slime continues to rise for slightly more instead of stopping at the previous mark. The slime now stops once it has reached the top of the wall surrounding the rings, leaving only a sliver of the rings left to move on.
Pretty self-explanatory, just run between each rotating ring to avoid the obstacles. It's also possible to jump over small gaps, though jumping can be very risky late game.
When near another player that's close to an edge, push them in the direction of the hole as the ring rotates the hole towards you and the victim. If they are unable to escape before they reach the hole, they will most likely fall and get disqualified. This strategy only works efficiently at the beginning before the rings move fast.
- This strategy might end up becoming more prevalent due to the slower rings.
Circling (Late game)
Once the rings have gotten fast enough and the slime has risen high enough, the best strategy is to perform circles or donuts between the rings consecutively. The obstacles and holes will swing by fast enough that you can quickly avoid them, though it's best to still pay attention to where they are and get an idea of when they will show up.
If standing out in the open is not your style, why not try and defend yourself? Standing where the walls are makes yourself less likely to fall and thus, win. Be careful about this, however, since people can still grab you from behind. When this happens, try and grab the person grabbing you and try to push them off.
Large Gap Variant
For this specific variant, take careful note of where the large gaps are. A trick is to count the number of walls before the large gap, and when you see the wall with the large gap directly after it approaching on the blue ring, cross to it. Rings do not change mid-round, only between rounds, so memorising the layout and the gaps when you get this variant is key.
Desync can make this final rather tricky. If possible, stay away from other people, as their bodies could easily push or knock you off the map.
A Survival type variant was introduced in the Finals Marathon playlist on 13 December 2021. In this variant, the round ends when only a single player is eliminated, leaving 2 to 5 players depending on when the round is chosen.
Utilize almost all the same strategies for this version. Note that the round can potentially go on for quite a while if the entire lobby is passive. You might have to get your hands dirty and grab someone off the edge if you want to speed things up. The earlier this round is selected, the higher the chance of there being a newbie that will likely fall into the gap on their own.
- Gold - Winner!
- No medal - Eliminated
- On the blue rotating ring, jumping on the ledge before the small gaps will result in a jump likely being eaten and lead into an elimination. This bug led to Roll Off's removal from the round pool mid-way through Season 5 (but it reappeared momentarily in the Season Finale Show).
- This bug has been fixed as of Season 6, with the round hence being reintroduced.
*This name is a conjectural name and has not been somewhat uniformly agreed upon.
|Beta||Not present||Not present|
|1||Not present||Not present|
|2||Not present||Not present|
|5.2||Not Present||Temporarily removed from Main Show as of 14 October 2021. (See Known Bugs above)|
- According to Oliver, the game's community director, Roll Off was intended for the Season 2 mid-season update, but was delayed to Season 3.
- Prior to the 2 February 2021 Season 3 mid-season update, the image in the loading screen incorrectly showed Roll Out instead of Roll Off.
- On the initial version of Roll Off, the (likely) first recorded 5 minute timeout was achieved by TriumphReturns and ChewyLewyTV on 29 January 2021.
- On the tweaked version of Roll Off (with the slower rings and higher slime level), the (likely) first recorded 5 minute timeout was achieved by TriumphReturns, miggymone, and Marvelous Cyan Griffin on 19 February 2021.
- Roll Off is the only Season 3 level which doesn’t follow the winter theme that Season 3 has, instead having a classic Season 1 theme.
- Despite being disabled since the 5.2 Hotfix, Roll Off, still bugged, temporarily came back for 1 day in the Finale 4/5: The Sunday Show.
- Roll Out - the Survival mode variant that predated this round
- Roll On - the Race mode variant that came after this round