Knight Fever is an obstacle course divided into five main sections to traverse.
The first section consists of two uphill, slightly curved (like a half-pipe) paths, with swinging axes and holes in the floor. The second section consists of two sets of spike logs to traverse - a group of 3, then a group of 2. The third section is a downhill, slime-covered slide, featuring more axes. The fourth section is another half-pipe shaped path with holes in the floor, and two swinging spike-covered logs (aka Thicc Bonkus) swinging across the path. The final section before the finish line consists of three sets of drawbridges that open and close at different intervals.
From the 10 November 2020 Season 2 mid-season update, these variants may occur instead of the standard one:
- A Big Yeetus may be positioned slightly below the map in the first section, in-between the two swinging axes paths.
- Two see saws replace the two spike logs, and swinging axes may be positioned above their fulcrums.
- The axes in the downhill slime slide are replaced by moving donut bumpers.
- The axes in the downhill slime slide are replaced by pendulums.
- There may be Big Yeetuses positioned before the Thicc Bonkus section.
- Some axes have also been added before the last drawbridges.
- Some axes may be positioned in the middle of the drawbridges, and the drawbridges will not fully lower.
- Instead of both parts of the drawbridge moving at the same time, they may move at different times.
From the 2 February 2021 Season 3 mid-season update, these variants may occur:
- The downhill slime slide might have Slingus Flinguses in instead.
- These can appear in a scattered formation, cone formation or in straight lines.
- All of these count as different variations.
- The Thicc Bonkuses might be replaced with giant spinning fans (similar to The Whirlygig) instead.
- Randomly, some of the spikes on the spike logs may be spinning faster than previously.
- The spike logs/see saws might be replaced by two Blizzard Fans.
- There may be Punching Gloves before the last drawbridges.
- If there are axes before/in the middle of the drawbridges, some of them may be spinning faster than previously.
Knight Fever is one of the few rounds that can be selected should the lobby be filled with bots (which were introduced in the UI Update).
- First section: Walking along the outermost part of the path will make it easier to dodge the blades, but the danger lies in the blades hitting other players into you and knocking you off the sides.
- Second section: you'll have to pass both sets of logs; falling off at the second set will make you restart at the beginning of the first one. Take it easy and pause if necessary, but be mindful of people coming from behind and walking into your back, bumping you into a spike anyway. Angle the camera as best as possible so you can see when the next spikes are approaching. Refrain from jumping or a spike may launch you off.
- Third section: Pretty straightforward, aim to go down the middle of the slide. Dive off at the end.
- Fourth section: stay on the outermost part of the path and wait for the first Thicc Bonkus to swing inwards before walking straight through; you should be able to clear the whole path without being hit if no other players hit you.
- Fifth section: Aim for a drawbridge that is fully raised and only starting to lower.
- The first Yeetus is a pretty decent and relatively safe skip to bypass the first set of axes. Try to practice using it if possible.
- The see saw variant is the most challenging. Cross the see saws by walking to the side of the fulcrum; the trickiest part is crossing to the next platform. Position yourself carefully to jump to the next platform - in the worst case, you can jump, grab, and attempt to climb up.
- There's no real strategy to getting past the downhill slide section variants (donut bumpers/pendulums specifically; flinguses are covered in a later point) other than to just go down the middle and hope for the best.
- Another well-timed Yeetus can help you skip at least the first Bonkus, but a mistimed attempt may make you fall into the holes or bounce off the second Bonkus instead. If you can't get this Yeetus to work, just proceed normally.
- These Yeetuses become relatively useless if there are spinning fans instead, as the fans are enormous.
- The axes before the drawbridges aren't hard to dodge; walk in-between.
- For the drawbridges with axes variant, you'd have to time your crossing when the bridge is at its lowest, and to avoid the axe.
- For the unsynced drawbridge variant, cross the first half of the drawbridge, wait at the edge, then when the other half lowers and the half you're on rises, jump across the drawbridge.
- Alternatively, it is possible to jump across to a drawbridge right next to the one directly in front of you, as it is likely to be lowered.
- You can try using the intro cutscene to study the flingus patterns on the slime slide. If not, angle the camera to see what it is, before figuring out a path and going down the slide.
- The spinning fans aren't so difficult to dodge, but it isn't as convenient to just walk past compared to the bonkuses. Just take your time.
- Jump over the blizzard fans, use it to gain air and move forward at the same time, then dive onto the platform afterwards.
- Jump over the punching gloves at the end after they've receded; you cannot simply walk over them. Alternatively, while it's slower, just walk around them.
- Find the axes that are spinning slower and proceed through those paths. Attempting to go past the faster axes is ill-advised.
Knight Fever X
Trust no one. This round is a grabber's paradise, with almost every single section of the map offering such opportunities. Watch out for players grabbing you as you attempt to jump over a gap (especially in the second section for all variants, and the final drawbridge section), and for players grabbing you while you are in the path of obstacles (e.g. logs with moving spikes, swinging spike logs).
- Gold - First place
- Silver - Top 20% of players in the lobby
- Bronze - Top 50% of players in the lobby
- Pink - Qualified, but outside of the top 50%
- No medal - Eliminated
- Occasionally, instead of the splash screen seen during loading, there may be a "Now loading" splash screen displayed instead. This tends to happen during Gauntlet Showdown rounds.
- When that happens, the Soundtrack played during this map will be Fall 'n' Roll instead of the typical Sir Falls-A-Lot (William Fell). This is the only observed change; the rest of the map plays identically.
- Knight Fever features an obstacle that isn't found anywhere else in the game: The Spike Log.
|Beta||Not present||Not present|
|1||Not present||Not present|
|2||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|3||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|4||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|5||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|6||Active||Standard and alternate versions|