According to the game website, Fall Ball was designed by Joseph Juson.
Fall Ball is a 2-way team game.
Fall Ball takes place on a soccer field, with two nets where the goals must be scored. The players are divided in groups, blue team and yellow team, and must have scored the most goals when the timer runs out. Compared to normal soccer however, there are two balls on the field instead of one, and these balls are much larger than the fall guy. When a ball is knocked into a team's goal, the opposing team scores a goal, and a short while after another ball falls from the sky to the center of the field. The balls are often normal soccer balls, but occasionally will be an American football or a banana with more unpredictable physics, or more rarely a golden egg (worth 5 points if scored). The balls at the very start of the match will always be normal soccer balls.
If a player falls into the goal, they will respawn at the center of the field.
The team with the most goals after 2:00 (1:30 in Squads modes) moves on to the next round.
If both teams are tied when the timer runs out, the round will go into overtime, ending when the first team scores a goal.
From Season 1 mid-season update:
- The time is lowered from 2.30 to 2.00 (for every version)
From Season 2 mid-season update:
- As with the American football and giant golden egg, a banana can now spawn replacing the footballs.
From the 15 September 2020 Season 1 mid-season update, these variants can occur instead of the standard one:
- Rotating Hammers may be added near the corners of the arena.
- A Spinning Plate may be added in the center of the arena.
- A pendulum may be added in front of each net, creating a sort of sometimes involuntary goalkeeper that can save goals from being scored (by the way in this version the obstacles are not present)
- 4 balls will be in play, instead of 2.
From the 2 February 2021 Season 3 mid-season update, the following variants may appear:
- A Slingus Flingus may appear in front of each goal. 
- Punching gloves may appear on each corner of the map.
- These gloves follow a 12-second cycle: 4 seconds receded, 4 seconds ejecting out, and 4 seconds receding.
- A pegwin has a chance of spawning in at the start of the round. You can't score these for points; they are only here as an Easter egg.
Golden Goal Challenge
- In this special playlist:
- Fall Ball only lasts 5 seconds before heading into Overtime.
As is the case in normal football/soccer, make sure there are players both attacking and defending. When the ball spawns in, a shadow on the floor of the field signifies its landing position. If the player hits the ball as it spawns, at the correct angle and in the direction of the opponents' net, the ball will be flung with considerable height and speed, making it more difficult for the opponent team to anticipate and save (and can potentially earn an easy goal). This won't always work as the opposing team might have the same idea, resulting in a stalemate where the ball travels with vastly reduced speed.
The American Football and banana have slightly different physics, making them trickier to hit. The golden egg is rare, but when it appears, you must work hard not to let it into your goal at all costs.
Be warned that the higher the ping, the harder it is to knock a ball. Try to play as an attacker if that is the case; defending is much harder on higher ping, especially if a ball is flying at you at a high velocity.
As Fall Ball is a relatively late team game, this also ends up being one of the more luck-based ones - you'd have to hope you get a good team.
- The spinning hammers, depending on their spin direction, can be used to help push the ball away from goal, or closer to the goal, depending on where it hits the ball. Pay close attention and try finding scenarios to utilise it.
- The spinning platform will make it slightly harder to judge where the ball lands in the center, after a goal is scored. It can be used to gain some momentum.
- The pendulum can either be a lifesaver or a huge annoyance, as it has a decent chance of knocking a ball away from being scored.
- Prepare for absolute madness with four-ball Fall Ball.
- The balls do not appear to trigger the Flinguses; use the flinguses for slightly faster map traversal (to save the ball, for example).
- Fully ejected punching gloves can make it harder to score, or to knock the ball to safety. If the ball gets hit by an ejecting glove, it will fly with large force, so be careful as the balls can go crazy when that happens.
- You know what to do. Grab the pegwin and jump (or chuck it) into the goal! (No, you won't actually score a goal.)
- Jokes aside, throwing the pegwin into the goal is all but recommended, especially if your teammate would rather hold the pegwin than play the round properly.
Golden Goal Challenge
With very little time before Overtime, getting a good kick-off at the start can prove to be very crucial, as you do not have much time to move into position to defend the goal.
- Gold - Scored 10 or more goals and qualified
- Silver - Scored 5-9 goals and qualified
- Bronze - Scored 3 or 4 goals and qualified
- Pink - Scored 1 or 2 goals and qualified
- No medal - Eliminated
- High-scoring Bananas*
- As of 25 September 2020: Due to the elongated shape of the banana, if it falls into the goal net in a very specific manner (with one end inside the goal and the other end still out), it may score multiple points.
*This name is a conjectural name and has not been somewhat uniformly agreed upon.
|1||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|2||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|3||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|4||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|5||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|6||Active||Standard and alternate versions|
|6.3||Active||Removed from Main Show as of 10 May 2022. Still available in Squads Show and Squads Trios.|
- When Fall Ball appears in the rotation, it is usually the second-to-last round of an Episode, followed by the Final.
- A special variant of Fall Ball appeared in the Fruit Basket playlist, which replaced all the balls with bananas. It was available from 8 January 2021 to 15 January 2021.