Customization in Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout refers to the modification of a player's Fall Guy appearance and animations. Various customization items can be obtained in different ways, such as purchasing them with or .
Customization is only cosmetic and does not affect gameplay during the rounds.
Most of the available customization items can be purchased from the in-game shop. There are two categories of items: Featured Items and Regular Items.
Featured Items are the same for everyone, and will change every 2-4 days, at 10:00 BST. (Outside of leaks, there is no current way to determine how long a set of featured items will stay in the shop, as the shop has a high tendency of refreshing at 10:00 BST every day, replacing bought items with "Coming Soon" signs and/or displaying the timer remaining incorrectly.) There are always 3 featured items on sale. If a player owns any of the featured items when they come back into the rotation, those are also replaced with "Coming Soon" signs.
Regular Items change depending on what the player has not yet acquired, so the items in this category differ per player, and will change every day, at 10:00 BST. Up to 6 regular items will be put on sale every day, and these are drawn from two separate item pools following this logic:
- The first 4 items (from left to right) usually draw from an item pool of regular items that cost .
- The last 2 items draw from a separate item pool of regular items that cost .
- If there are not enough unobtained items remaining from any pool to fulfill the above criteria, it is not replaced by an item from the other pool, but instead by a "Coming Soon" sign.
- Sadly, this means that even after buying out all the items that cost Kudos, you'd still only be able to purchase up to two items that cost Crowns per day.
Normal cosmetics that were available for purchase in the Featured Items section in a given season were moved to the Regular Items section in the following season's update, if they were not already purchased, allowing players the opportunity to buy them. For example, the Monkey Costume, available at some point in the Featured Items section in Season 1 (Legacy), was moved to the Regular Item section in Season 2 (Legacy).
However, most special cosmetics (for example, crossover costumes) were instead made available in the following season's mid-season update. Some examples are as follows:
- The Bulletkin Costume, available during Season 1 (Legacy), entered the Regular Item section in Season 2.5
- The Untitled Goose Game costumes, available during Season 2 (Legacy), entered the Regular Item section in Season 3.5.
- There are some costumes that are likely not to follow this trend (like the Jungle Book costumes Mowgli, Baloo, and Shere Khan), due to varying crossover costume contracts.
- Prior to the Season 4 (Legacy) mid-season update, the Banner preview in the Banner customization tab is slightly tilted, while the Banner preview in the Season level rewards tab is right-side up.
- Prior to Season 5.1 (Legacy), the Colour thumbnails are slightly lighter and look shiny if the colour is metallic.